"I will try"
God, we have no secrets.
I stand bathed in Your light,
My heart naked before You.
How I have struggled in the past
Trying to prove to You and man
That I am not what we both know I indeed am;
A sinful creature in need of a Saviour;
A human striving to be perfect,
Unable to be,
And feeling like a constant failure.
You know my heart,
There is nothing hidden from You.
I must cease my endless striving,
Accept Your forgiveness and unconditional love,
And accept and love myself.
You know I am trying to please You;
I will never be perfect-
Help me remember You just want me
To be willing to try.
© Glenys Robyn Hicks
The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth. Ps 145:18
.png)
Amen!
ReplyDeleteAmen! thanks for commenting today, Debra!
Delete